Agenda for Umbraco Fundamentals Certification Course
We provide the coffee, water, and lunches. You provide a laptop running Umbraco. We learn together, have some fun, and work hard to make your time worthwhile. Topics include:
- Learning best practices and real world tips for productivity and project success
- Understanding the umbraco basics
- document types
- razor logic
- Creating a simple website from scratch
- Creating self-updating site navigation
- Creating a custom news module
- Creating a photo gallery macro
- Creating multilingual sites
- Simplifying site maintenance with advanced features
- Using the Grid
- Creating a promotional slider
- Creating an FAQ module
- Managing users
- Creating two-way, online feedback with forms and email notifications
- Implementing full-text search
With plenty of time for your questions! Class size is limited to ensure you have extensive personal interaction with the instructor.
The course begins promptly at 09:00. Doors open at 08:30. The course will finish between 15:30 and 17:30, depending on how fast we move through the material and the number of questions asked.
You can sit the online certification exam at any time after the course, though most students take the exam prior to leaving at the end of the second day. When you've passed the exam your name and company will appear on the Umbraco Certified Developers page.
All certified Umbraco developers have free access to umbraco.tv for three months, the online learning resource so you can always go back and go through each subject again.
We'll email you a reminder and detailed getting ready instructions a week before the course begins.